A newborn needs more attention and nourishment. Keeping your baby warm and healthy is an essential part. A newborn is delicate and so is the immune system. Chemicals, fragrances, dyes in clothes and detergents used for washing, baby products can also cause your little one with skin irritation, dryness, and rashes. Protecting your baby from various skin problems is a must.
On the other hand, skin care plays an essential role when it comes to baby’s development. It is sensitive and needs proper nurturing and soothing effect. The development of the immune system and baby is critical.
Here are few baby skin care tips for your healthy baby:
1. Bath time: shower your baby twice in a day with lukewarm water. Bathing with warm water helps your baby skin to relax and sooth it faster. Do not use any cream or oil to unfold the skins with time it will smooth. Use baby soap to wash the skin folds, do not let the soap reach baby’s face and eyes. Avoid bubble bath and bar soaps. Use soap-free liquid cleansers to clean armpits and thigh area.
2. Block the sun: If you can ignore, avoid taking your baby out in the daytime. Don’t let your baby face the sun directly. If you are out in the daytime, make the newborn wear a hat, full sleeve clothes, and use sunscreen to avoid ultraviolet rays. Apply every 2hours or when your baby sweats.
3. Baby Clothes: Try avoiding mixed fiber clothes. Cotton suits the best to the newborn. Avoid bright colored clothes. Use perfume and dye free detergents to avoid rashes and skin problems. Wash the clothes with warm water for bacteria-free clothing.
4. Moisturize: Use fragrance and perfume free creams and lotions for your baby. Baby needs the same skin care the way you need. Apply lotions and creams whenever needed. Use products which do not irritate the skin. During winters, apply lotion twice in a day.
5. Sensitivity: Your babies can face hot rashes due to diapers. Keep changing diapers in 2 hours, let the air out, and use a barrier cream before making him wear a new diaper. Use fragrance-free tissues to clean the diapered skin. Barrier cream would help your baby stay away from being too wet and raw.